As with adults, children must brush their teeth at least twice every day. However, young children cannot be expected to brush their own teeth, so their caregiver should do it for them as soon as any teeth appear. The best smiles are possible with childhood tooth brushing care. Facts about childhood tooth brushing include:
– For children under 3 years of age, a rice-sized smidgen of toothpaste should be used, and for children 3-6, a pea-sized smidgen of toothpaste should be used.
– Make an effort to bring your child in for an oral examination to their pediatrician before they turn one year of age.
– Stay away from the sharing of utensils or dental cleaning tools between you and your child.
– You should initiate brushing your child’s teeth from the time the first tooth grows in until they can safely do the task themselves.
– Seek out for use a toothbrush with soft bristles.
– Frequently use toothpaste that has the ADA Seal of Acceptance and has been recommended or approved by your child’s pediatrician.
To learn more about which service you would prefer for treating your child’s teeth and gums, contact Route 32 Pediatric Dentistry & Orthodontics at 254.870.1440. Come visit Dr. Nieku Manshadi and our team at our pediatric office in Waco, Texas by booking an appointment at your earliest convenience. We would be glad to take care of any oral health care needs your child may have.